Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentines Truthful Tuesday

Since Valentines is Sunday, I figured I'd do a Valentines-themed Truthful Tuesday:

I really, really dislike Valentines Day. Why? Because I have to share that day with everyone. What's the problem with that? Because it's my birthday!

At first it was kinda fun when I was a kid because it would always be pink and red hearts themed birthday and that's cool for a girl. But then, as I got older, and my friends got boyfriends, it started not to be cool anymore to have a Valentines birthday. No one cares about my birthday because they are too caught up in themselves and what wonderful thing they are going to get for/from their significant other and what romatic stuff they will be doing. Plus, I can't even go out to eat on my birthday and celebrate because everyone else has reservations and is out to eat too. I will have no less than a 2 hour wait to go eat ON MY BIRTHDAY!

Bitter? Not at all. What makes you think that?

Well, it also stinks because Daniel is not a big believer in Valentines Day either. He calls it Hallmark 1800Flowers Hersey Day. He thinks it's just a big, made-up holiday for those companies to go from the red to the black. But, as a girl....I want the "cheesiness" sometimes. I want a romantic day and it's just made 100X worse because it's my birthday too. I went through a spell where I didn't even want to buy Valentines cards and candy for anyone, including my significant other because I was sooo selfish about it being my birthday. I'm not THAT selfish anymore. I'll buy valentines cards for the kids I work with and co-workers and a few little items for Daniel. But is it because I at least want some kind of recognition? I don't know.

Well, the past couple of birthdays have completely stunk. I've done nothing for my birthday. I started feeling that this birthday would be the same or even worse because it's a big birthday....the big 3-0. Ugh! I don't want to turn 30 and I certainly don't want to turn 30 by myself. I really just wanna curl up in a ball and hibernate. This stems sort of, feeling like a complete loser, when trying to have parties at my house and hosting other get togethers at church. They all seem to bust and fail because hardly anyone shows up. I actually had attempted several things in which NO one showed up. I was feeling like a total failure and a loser until 2 of my friends and former co-workers at Children's Hospital told me they wanted to throw me a birthday party. I was completely floored and wanted to start crying. I still do almost cry everytime I think about it. I can't believe that they would want to do that for me! I hope people show up, but if they don't, I know that those 2 are good friends and will have a great time with them anyway.

Won't you join me for my birthday party?!

6 comments:

  1. I can sort of relate, at least on the eating out part, because my birthday is the 12th. I hope you have a wonderful party!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. where's the party...i'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not exactly sure of the details since I'm not throwing the party, but will forward the evite to anyone who wants to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have the best birthday ever!!!! You'll be able to dance the night away on the 13th if you guys come to the Evening Under the Stars. I'm with Daniel on the purpose of Valentine's. Seems if he is not much into Valentines then it is exclusively your birthday to celebrate!!!! Make your reservations for dinner early! No chance you'll cancel that birthday. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would totally change my birthday. I would be probably have to be a week after V-day. You deserve your own special day. I feel sorry for kids who have Christmas Birthdays and have often thought about if/when I have kids, when would not be a good time to get preg! hah!!
    I'm excited its your birthday though!!! I'll move V-day this year to the 13th and Sunday can be YOUR day!!!

    ReplyDelete