Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Truthful Tuesday

I thought I might start this, but at this point I am unsure if it will be something regular. Truthful Tuesday was an idea I stole from another blogger and thought it might be fun since I didn't know what else to write about. I mean, I'm sure you're sick of hearing about Alabama football and my vacation, so this is something different. A pastor of mine from Dawson Memorial Baptist Church would always structure his sermon on "5 Truths" so I will do the same with this blog. I'll keep if rather broad today.

5 Truths about Mandy:

1. I love working with kids and have thought about having them one day, but I really feel okay if I never do. (Mom, don't take this the wrong way!!) I mean, it is just so much easier without that responsibility and sooo much less expensive!

2. I think I might be manic depressive. Not in the sense of needing medication or put in a padded room, but it's like this: I tend to get on a kick about something every once in a while and then totally drop it or don't want to do it anymore. Like, cooking; I'll get in a kick that I like to cook for a week or so (sometimes not even that long) and then the next week I won't want to cook at all. Cleaning is like that to. And there are so many days when I come home from work and just want to veg out on the couch or completely clean every room in the house until it's time to go to bed. Don't come over to my house this week; it is depressing!

3. I'm not so sure I like my job. Don't get me wrong: I love doing physical therapy and working with kids, but I hardly get to do that. I sit in an office all day and only come out for clinics or to do school and home visits. I do like getting out of the office with Greg and repairing wheelchairs or checking in on patients in their home and school environments, but I feel like most of the time is spent in the small closet called my office staring at a computer screen. I changed jobs because I was very overworked at my last job that I would be there from 8am to 7:30 some nights to complete my work, plus it was very physical, running around the hospital and lifting patients. But now, all I do is get fat, sitting in front of a computer screen when I don't get to go out....I'm just not sure if the benefits outweigh (no pun intendend) the overwork I did at my last job.

4. I'm an introvert now matter how hard I try not to be. (enough said...I don't want to expound)

5. Daniel says that I became an Alabama fan right after the win against Florida at the Swamp in 1999. (I know, I know...I said I would't talk about Alabama football, but how can I not when the big game is in 2 DAYS!!!) Well, truthfully, I was an Alabama fan before then. I'm not exactly sure the date as I didn't even want to admit it to myself because I am stubborn. Yes, I grew up and Auburn fan going to Auburn home games with my dad because he's a letterman there. My mom went to Bama, so I never hated Alabama and generally would cheer for both until they played each other. Back then I would cheer for Auburn to beat Bama. I don't know why I chose Alabama when looking at colleges, but I felt it was right and so I did. I went to football games because I love the sport and it was cheap for students. I refused to wear crimson or to really cheer for Bama most of my freshman year. But something changed even before that game at the Swamp or else I probably wouldn't have gone to that game. I can tell you it certainly did make my love of the game and Alabama football much stronger and especially when we beat them again in the SEC Championship that year. I remember watching the game at my apartment by myself, cheering and jumping up and down!

2 comments:

  1. These are very interesting facts about you. I had no idea you were a convert :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea, Mandy! I may have to steal this one.

    ReplyDelete