Monday, January 25, 2010

I've got a case of the Mondays

It's just been one of those days/weeks where you just don't know what to say, write, or do. And I just don't feel like working or blogging today. The blogging well has been dry also, just because I tend to believe that you wouldn't want to read about "that". The only thing new is that I bought myself and early birthday present. Daniel told me that it's his present to me, but I picked it out and I bought it and HE was nowhere around.... Anyway, I bought an electric guitar. I've been borrowing my step-brother's bass (I'm not giving it back, but he doesn't know that yet) and I've been wanting an electric for awhile now. I have a pretty purple acoustic/electric Ibanez and I needed to find something that was different, but would compliment my acoustic in appearance and sound. I looked around and tried some out. I didn't remember until I was looking that I had to find one with a small or thin neck. I had to do that with my acoustic, but didn't remember. I found a pretty flat cherry colored Epiphone Studio, but it was heavy and the neck was too thick...I was completely crushed because it hurt my wrist to play. After looking for an hour and trying them all out, I found the perfect one. It is a '66 Wilshire Epiphone that is flat black with a white pickguard. I think I'm gonna get a different pickguard for it though...saw one that was silver and black paisley. Can't wait to learn to really play it! Wow, I guess I really did have something to talk about.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy your birthday present to yourself. I've learned over the years that's the only way to get what you want!! LOL! Have a great week!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete