Friday, December 18, 2009

I don't want to feel this way

Am I being a bad Christian for feeling the way I do? I get emails on occasion from friends that are forwarded to me. I generally dislike forwards, but I know people are being thoughtful for sending me one with something inspirational. I try to read them if it's a good Christian story, but then my feeling of being loved and inspired is completely thrown out the window when I see something like, "Within 48 hours send 20 copies (or as many as you can - God does know if you don't have 20 people to send it to. It's the effort and intent that counts) to family and friends. Please do not break it." I just get so burnt up because now it's a chain-letter email. I've even recieved some that tell you good things will happen if you send this email along or something bad might happen if you don't. It's like the writer of this email is trying to give me a guilt-trip. I know it wasn't the intent of the person who sent the email along to me, but it just totally throws me off when the "chain" part is added. I don't like feeling this way, but I feel it would be so much better without the "chain" part and then if I felt I knew someone who might appreciate the email leave it up to me to forward it along. Am I a bad Christian for this?

3 comments:

  1. If the message is good I try to delete the 'chain' part and email just the message b/c I 100% agree about chain-mail... yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think God uses "guilt" to get us to do anything. Guilt - Bad...

    Grace - Good...

    ReplyDelete