Monday, December 21, 2009

Busy Sunday

Yesterday was sooo busy that I crashed at 7:45pm and did not get back up until my alarm started blaring this morning. I don't remember a time that I was that tired before. Well, yesterday morning I got up, did the powerpoint show for the contemporary service at church, got ready for the day, and was at band practice at 8am. We then had our service, practice for the 11am service, sang at that service for the Christmas Cantata, then finally had a break to go to lunch. Daniel and I ate at Cracker Barrel which was suprisingly quick, waited only 15 mins until we were seated. Our food came realitively quick and we were just gonna go home after that. Well, then he tells me that, since he was going to his parents' house Wednesday night, he needed 12 more gifts for his family's friends families (mouthful). So.....we went to Walmart.

I found 3 sets of 5 votive candles and 2 sets of 7 dish towels that I could monogram or just leave them like they were if I ran out of time. It was going to be about $2/gift and I would have 3 candles and 2 towels left over. BUT. One of the votives was broken. I stupidly mentioned it to the cashier who then told me that she could not sell it to me. WHAT?! I've never heard such a thing. I told her I didn't mind that it was broken and wanted it since there were not anymore out there. But she said she couldn't sell it to me, that she was not allowed. She was not nice when she said it as well. She said that she was going to ask if she could sell it to us. Well, I was very upset and my stomach was hurting because I just filled it up at Cracker Barrel and now stress was being added.. So, I left Daniel to deal about it while I walked around. After talking with another person, Daniel then spoke to the assistant manager who was a complete jerk. Daniel just wanted an explanation of why we couldn't buy it full price without that one votive candle. After no good explanation and the assistant manager stating it was he prerogative on whether or not to sell it to us and he wasn't, Daniel said he would not shop here anymore. The assistant manager told him, "well get going and KEEP WALKING, PAL!" Geez, no way to treat any customer. I'm not saying that Daniel wasn't upset, but he did remain more calm than that guy. So, from our experience....DON'T SHOP AT THE BESSEMER WALMART!
So we didn't buy anything and we still needed 12 gifts. So onward to Target! I believe Target is one of my favorite stores; I'd shop there just about everyday if it were closer to my house. We found what we needed there and for not too much more than what we would've paid at Walmart. I think we went home for about 2 hours and then were back at church for the Posada Navidena (the Hispanic Christmas Party). It was fun and the food was great. We got home about 7:30 and I crashed 15 minutes later. It was a looong, crazy, trying, fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment